CELEBRATE THE FIRST. This special Chuck 70 celebrates the legacy of Earl “Big Cat” Lloyd, who became the first African American player to play in an NBA game when he debuted for the Washington Capitols on October 31, 1950. The sneaker pays homage to Lloyd, including references to his life, his career, and basketball in the 1950’s. It is also the first time another name has ever replaced Chuck Taylor’s on the sneaker’s license plate.
- High top satin sneakers, inspired by 1950s NBA uniforms.
- Colors inspired by Washington Capitals.
- Hardwood Classics NBA logo on midsole.
- Earl Lloyd graphic and player label inside tongue.
- 50s-inspired Chuck Taylor ankle patch and Earl Lloyd vintage license plate.